Our Favorite Cookie Recipes
These easy to follow Embossed Cookie recipes produces a dough which holds the pattern of an embossed rolling pin and tasting great! We've got all the tips you’ll need to make perfect rolling pin cookies so you’ll be able to make the most out of your patterned rolling pin!
How do you use an embossed rolling pin?
- Gently roll and apply consistent pressure through the entire roll.
- Roll only once for best results!
- Keep the dough cool/cold when rolling and baking to keep the pattern from spreading.
- Lightly dust your rolling pin and working surface to keep the dough from sticking.
How do you clean an embossed rolling pin?
- Use a soft dry brush to wipe away any left over dough and/or flour.
- Run through cold water, wipe with a dish towel and hang to dry.
- Do not put them in the dishwasher.
Vanilla Cookie Recipe
200 g unsalted butter
200 g caster sugar / superfine sugar
1 egg medium
1 tsp vanilla extract
400 g plain flour / all purpose flour plus extra for dusting
Make the dough:
Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
Sift together the flour, salt and add to wet mixture until well incorporated.
If it is a bit crumbly, add a few drops of water at a time to help bring it togetherOnce the dough has come together, wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Roll out and shape the cookies:
Dust surface with a little flour. Roll out the dough with a regular rolling pin to around ½".Lightly flour your rolling pin and then roll over the dough with medium pressure, just enough to create the pattern but not so hard that you press the pattern out of shape. Press firmly (not too hard), and roll slowly. Use cookie cutters to cut out the shapes you want.Gently place each cookie on the baking sheet one inch apart.
Put the cut out dough back into the fridge 30 minutes.
Bake:Preheat the over to 350ºF.Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until the dough is firm to the touch and just starting to brown around the edgeAllow to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
Chocolate Butter Cookie Recipe